Senior Technical Program Manager
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
Do you love delivering features that delight customers? As an integral member of a development team, you will lead projects and services in an agile environment throughout the software development lifecycle, from project initiation to post-production support. You are proficient in capturing and analyzing functional requirements, applying core project management principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What you'll be doing
- Coordinating the team's Agile practices
- Analyzing and documenting business requirements
- Writing functional specifications for APIs and refining them with service teams
- Developing project plans and schedules to meet business objectives. Acting as liaison with various groups and departments
- Effectively working with multi-functional teams (technology, business and operations) even with conflicting needs and priorities
- Working with individuals and group managers to estimate and establish common targets
- Acting as the point of contact for project requirements, status, and issue resolution
- Continuously working with the service team to evaluate and communicate risks and assess potential impacts on project delivery
- Driving continuous improvement in program execution
What to bring
- Hands-on experience as Program or Project Manager in a technical engineering environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills—creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning.
- Experience identifying risks and challenges and implementing response plans.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams
- Working knowledge of HTTP protocol: requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication
- Ability to balance change in complex environments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Tailors communications to the appropriate audience: wonderfully succinct
- A collaborative working style—work well in a team environment
You'll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to encourage the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.