We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the Role
This role has overall responsibility for OpenMarket’s operations in Australia. Principally this covers the commercial functions and the role is to implement the annual business plan to achieve Australia’s AOP and annual targets.
As the most senior member of OpenMarket staff in Australia, there is also a duty of care to all OpenMarket employees who work in this region ensuring their welfare, safety and that the overall functioning of the country’s activities is smooth. That said, it is acknowledged that via the matrix structure many individuals report up to other individuals in the company.
What you'll be doing
- Implement the commercial objectives in the country to achieve budgeted plans
- Drive new business development activities within Australia, with a primary focus on signing new logos
- Own the management of existing clients, build and maintain profitable relationships
- Maximise the sales pipeline cognisant of the overall focus of the company
- Lead local relationships with carriers and aggregators.
- Ensure OpenMarket is aware of and stays in sync with all local legislation and compliance codes
- Identify, cultivate and close business with customers inside Australia, but also within APAC as required
- Be a confident representative of the company
- Be a conduit of local marketing information and intelligence both to OpenMarket Australia and the wider OpenMarket senior leadership team.
- Act as Senior Leader for OM in this location:
- Be the face of the site, welcome all new employees, and make sure they are included.
- Surface topics that need to be addressed by the SLT, as relates to the site.
- Lead key site initiatives and develop practical work plans to ensure successful implementation.
- Promote authentic open communication and two-way dialogue, and employee well-being.
- Cultivate high employee engagement.
- Partner with leaders for cross-functional process alignment.
- Be a trusted site focal point for remote managers with teams in the site.
- Be an additional contact point when needed and redirect employee inquiries to their managers.
What to bring
- 8+ years of customer facing experience.
- Commercial, partnered with a strategic mindset
- Self starter, motivated and hardworking individual who can work unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Credible in the eyes of prospects, existing customers & carriers. Needs to be able to speak deftly and authoritatively to the carriers, aggregator partners and key customer groups and gain trust quickly.
- Excellent communication and social skills
- A technical background and deep understanding of the company’s products.
- Experience in mobile services or working within carriers will be highly beneficial
Nice to have
- A background in sales, account management or technical sales would be very beneficial.
You'll be a great fit if ...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Sydney, Australia
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new work visas at this time.
Travel is essential – domestic & international, up to 30%
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.