Frontend/UI Software Development Engineer
Seattle, Washington OR Detroit, Michigan
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the Role
Would you love opportunities for making a real impact in the way users interact with and experience an application? Are you seeking new challenges in a flexible work environment where you will feel engaged and your contributions valued?
OpenMarket is currently seeking Frontend UI developers to build exciting, friendly and user-centered interfaces for our products. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices that drive our platform, and those microservices need your help. You will be working as part of a small, dedicated and collaborative service team, collaborating closely with engineers and UX designers for creating exceptional user experiences for our internal and external customers. Our team members love trying new technologies, so bring your creativity and enthusiasm!
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams handle the deployment, operation, monitoring, and occasional "last tier" support of the services they own.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment consisting of UX designers and engineering teams
- Proficiency on HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficiency implementing UI designs and SPAs
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Test focused mindset to ensure quality of your code
- Willingness to promote standards and methodologies within your team
- Desire to seek new challenges and grow your career
Nice to have
- Experience with various UI frameworks (such as Angular, React, Bootstrap and Vue.js)
- Experience with NodeJS and the NPM environment
- Experience utilizing RESTful web services
- Familiarity with Java as your team will be made of awesome Java engineers!
- Familiarity with unit testing, TDD, integration testing, performance testing
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with Maven and Git
You'll be a great fit if
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about sharing your perspectives to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science OR equivalent experience.