Senior Software Development Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
Would you like opportunities to explore new technologies such as ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Redis? Do you love delivering features that delight customers?
OpenMarket is currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices that drive our platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams oversee the deployment, operation, monitoring, and occasional "last tier" support of the services they own.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Expert-level Java server-side software design and development
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of persistence (SQL or NoSql) and data modeling
- Solid practices around testing to ensure quality (e.g. unit testing, TDD, integration testing, performance testing)
- Working knowledge of Linux such as scripting and command line tools
- Desire to lead by example by promoting standards and methodologies within your team
- Ability to organize and provide direction to your service team
Nice to have
- Experience with high availability and scalability of RESTful web services and microservices
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring, Guice)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Experience with UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS)
- Knowledge of mobile messaging
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.