Product Manager, Financial Systems
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Product Manager, Financial Systems
Do you love delivering features that delight users? Our product managers define requirements, product plans, specification of features and capabilities, and on-time delivery of new products. You are a guru in gathering and analyzing functional requirements, applying core product development principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What you will be doing
- Advance our financial systems: You will be playing both strategic and tactical roles to continue advancing our core financial processes, systems and tools, which are moving faster than ever before. You will continuously monitor the financial systems supplier landscape in order to make strategic decisions on what to buy and what to build. Ideally you have also used financial systems.
- Roadmap Planning: Our product managers craft comprehensive product plans, which define the requirements, establish the objectives, strategies, and actions needed to achieve the goals. You’ll partner with internal stakeholders, assess and influence the supplier landscape, constantly evaluate our financial software portfolio to ensure continued relevance and value.
- Requirements Specification: We work closely with our internal teams to prioritize and handle the scope of each release to deliver key capabilities for our financial systems on time and on budget.
- Competitive Analysis: Other employees look to the product manager to provide knowledge on how to use our financial systems and software in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Cross-Team Leadership: We work with our Engineering teams to develop requirements definition and release planning. You will represent and improve our financial systems, and you will also lead and handle product on-boarding within the organization.
What to bring
- 5+ years of product ownership experience in a developing software products for systems management, preferably in account or financial systems in a global enterprise environment with massive amounts of transactions.
- Experience in working across time zones, cultures and locations.
- You'll bring strong problem-solving skills to bear with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning.
- You will have experience with Agile software development methodologies and be comfortable describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams, to bring people along with ideas and drive solution discussions with cross-functional teams.
- You know how to map business processes and communicate them to stakeholders and process participants
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You will tailor communication to the appropriate audience: You are wonderfully succinct.
- You take a collaborative approach to work and you work well in a team environment.
- You have working knowledge of HTTP protocol, and what typical integration scenarios with customer applications look like: API requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication.
You'll be a great fit if...
- You love to continuously analyze, understand and communicate the dynamics of the finance function in a global company
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and you welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
- You love working with the world's top brands.
- 3-5 years systems product management experience for B2B, ideally in the field of finance or accounting
- 2-3 years working in a finance, accounting or related field
- MBA, PMP or ACP certification, relevant Scrum certification, or equivalent experience
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.