Senior Product Manager, Tools
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Senior Product Manager, Tools
Do you love delivering features that delight users? Our product managers define requirements, product plans, specification of features and capabilities, and on-time delivery of new products. You are a guru in gathering and analyzing functional requirements, applying core product development principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Improving User Experience: Good usability is a key requirement for tools we use for efficiency and to ensure right business decisions are made.
- Road-map Planning: Our product managers craft comprehensive product plans, which define the requirements, establish the objectives, strategies, and actions needed to achieve the goals. You will also contribute to the overall business strategy with your product.
- Requirements Specification: We work closely with our internal teams to prioritize and handle the scope of each tool release to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
- Competitive Analysis: Other employees look to the product manager to provide knowledge and how we use our systems in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Cross-Team Leadership: We work with our Engineering teams to develop requirements definition and release planning. You will also lead and handle product on-boarding within the organization.
What to bring:
- 5+ years of product ownership experience in a developing software products for systems management, preferably in messaging/telecommunication services developing provisioning, account or financial management tools.
- Experience in working across time zones, cultures and locations.
- You'll bring strong problem-solving skills to bear with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning.
- You will have experience with Agile software development methodologies and be comfortable describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You will tailor communication to the appropriate audience: You are wonderfully succinct.
- You take a collaborative approach to work and you work well in a team environment.
- You have working knowledge of HTTP protocol, and what typical integration scenarios with customer applications look like: API requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication.
- 3-5 years online product management experience for B2B or internal systems development
- 2-3 years mobile messaging experience
- MBA, PMP certification, relevant Scrum certification, or equivalent experience
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.