Pricing Coordinator - SMS
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
As a Pricing Coordinator you will contribute for the data accuracy and profitability of the business through the provision of professional finance service to the business. You will evaluate company’s expenses, scrutinize financial data, figuring ways on how to reduce inefficiencies and costs.
As part of our team you will apply your expertise, understanding the business model and evaluate how important players and markets are performing and evolving within the messaging industry.
What you’ll be doing
- To assist in setting up a consistent and robust cost collection process, for the business to be able to adhere to customer charging requirements, using target cost methodology.
- To collect, record and report costs accurately and in a timely manner, to ensure maximum billing opportunities.
- To improve internal business practices, processes and tools, to elevate supplier selection efficiency.
- You will collaborate closely with Operations and Commercial departments to understand and assist in meeting business requirements and pro-actively monitor and address missing data submissions.
- You will negotiate price changes with suppliers based on customer requirements and current market prices for target services.
- You will maintain a well-organized and detailed cost database to comply with cost enquiries.
- You will help internal teams with preparation of monthly reporting needs for the management teams.
- You will monitor and compare invoiced amounts from suppliers against internal logs and will be approving the invoicing process based on data.
- You will monitor under and overcharges from suppliers and assist in any corrective actions as needed.
- You will be required to assist with month end duties, including the calculation and posting of accruals.
- You will be expected to undertake other duties and ad-hoc projects if required.
What to bring
- Ideally 2+ years of experience working in the mobile messaging business.
- Previous experience of financial and management accounting role.
- Strong customer, business focus and commercial awareness.
- Proficiency in handling and modelling large amounts of data.
- Ability to work in ordered approach to ensure meeting required deadlines for data reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience.
- Individual thinker capable for active contribution in team delivery efforts.
- Ability to operate in a collaborative manner and to actively engage other parties.
- Preferably Professional Accounting Qualification.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow with talented colleagues.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You have exceptional attention to detail.
- You have inquisitive nature, ability to identify and investigate areas of improvements outside expectations.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
- You have high business ethics, honesty, respect for the individual and culturally unbiased
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.