Senior Technical Program Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Senior Technical Program Manager
Do you love delivering features that delight customers? As an integral member of the global operations team, our Senior Technical Program Manager will be leading projects and services in an agile environment throughout the project life cycle, from project initiation to post-production support. You are adept at gathering and analyzing functional requirements, applying core project management principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What you'll be doing
- You will analyze and document client requirements in collaboration with product, development and management teams
- You will drive performance and priorities for continuous delivery
- You will develop scope and schedules to continuously meet objectives
- You will oversee each step in the release process, including requirements gathering, definition of done, engineering, testing, deployment and support
- You will manage Scrum and Kanban boards in JIRA to effectively track project progress
- You will lead planning, grooming and demo meetings for multiple project teams
- You will be the point of contact for project requirements, status, and issue resolution
- You will continuously work with team members to evaluate risks and assess potential impacts on project delivery
What to bring
- 7+ years of program management in a technical engineering environment
- 3+ years' experience in working with DevOps and continuous delivery principles
- Experience working in software design, development and delivering software using agile methodologies
- Experience describing capabilities using artifacts like project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams
- Knowledge of mobile messaging, information security, or high availability is a plus
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.