We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
This position will provide legal support to Global Sales team, Marketing, and Product Development - negotiating strategic enterprise agreements, reviewing and managing GDPR-related compliance documents, and supporting a range of commercial transactions in EMEA and APAC. This is partially a customer facing role, and you will need to think on your feet to bring about swift resolution of contractual matters, engaging at a senior level with customers and cross-functionally with leaders throughout OpenMarket.
What you’ll be doing
- You will report to Seattle-based Managing Counsel of OpenMarket.
- You will draft and negotiate commercial contracts for the sale of SMS/MMS/RCS messaging services through OpenMarket’s messaging platform.
- You will draft and negotiate Professional Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Marketing Agreements, and Nondisclosure Agreements with customers, vendors, and third parties.
- You will manage GDPR compliance documents for OpenMarket’s suppliers and customers in EMEA and APAC.
- You will analyze significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and internal corporate policies.
- You will work with major telecommunication providers for the provision of messaging services
- You will provide legal advice on UK and foreign data security laws and regulations, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
- You will provide daily oversight of a UK-based paralegal and/or junior attorney, but will not serve as a formal manager of any other role.
- You will work in a coordinated fashion with Seattle-based Managing Counsel to oversee contract management policies, document retention systems, and a range of procedures for OpenMarket Legal.
What to bring
- Qualified Solicitor in the UK.
- 4 + years of in-house legal experience directly supporting internal sales teams and commercial transactions (law firm experience also a plus).
- Strong technology transactions experience.
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure, outsourcing, telecommunications, and cloud computing (SaaS or PaaS) services.
- A strong working knowledge of GDPR and global privacy laws and regulations, as well as relevant experience relating to GDPR compliance.
- An ambition to build frictionless and productive internal client relationships.
- Experience with daily supervision of staff.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Motivation to take ownership of projects and get things done.
- Real passion for detail, highly developed organizational skills, and excellent follow-through.
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.