Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will guide a team that provides financial planning and analysis to OpenMarket and Amdocs leadership for strategic and tactical decision-making. This role is key to OpenMarket's success, since you will be enabling our leaders to make sound business decisions and meet their financial objectives.
What you'll be doing
· You will directly manage a team of 4 analysts in Seattle and London with clear expectations and targets.
· You will design a framework for goals to be met and purposefully anticipate impacts of workload/issues on team deadlines.
· You will lead by example, keep the motivation high, and provide the team with support during challenging times.
Planning & Analysis
· You will own the annual planning process for the full organization. You will design and execute the end to end organizational process by partnering with our parent company and with OM executive leadership.
· You will analyze sales results, pricing, and customer performance compared to the business plans.
· You will identify, analyze, propose and action operational improvements (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
· You and your team will partner with all key functions across the business to develop projections, create business & operations plans and aid each group in meeting their financial objectives.
· You will create a critical communication line with Amdocs – communicating financial guidance & strategy updates and support in ad hoc analysis.
· You will assess markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers or acquisition
· You will prepare the complete P&L for the company/division (actual and projected).
· You will perform monthly & quarterly closing activities, ensuring system accuracy, coordinating processing with other finance units, generating reports, etc.
· You will present financial reports and interpret crucial information to management and key partners while recommending further courses of action.
· You will present to executive level management on a regular basis. Strong presentation skills are required (creating executive level presentations/slides & presenting to non-financial audiences).
What to bring
- 8-12 years’ experience in financial analysis roles combined with some managerial experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; CPA or MBA preferred
- Experience working in a global company and interacting with senior leadership
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles and experience with data analysis tools are a plus.
- Exceptional Excel, Power Point, mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
You’ll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You are highly organized and proactive
- You have a “partner” mentality – striving to build strong relationships across the organization
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- Experience implementing or using FP&A software package (e.g. Anaplan, Adaptive Insights) a plus.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.