Senior Technical Program Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Senior Technical Program Manager
Do you love delivering features that delight customers? Do you like focusing on challenging problems and finding creative solutions? Would you like to help create something that makes a difference? As an integral member of an engineering team, you will lead projects and services in an agile environment throughout the software development lifecycle, from project initiation to post-production support. You are well versed in capturing and analyzing functional requirements, applying core project management principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What you'll be doing
- There are two types of Program Managers in this world: a scorekeeper and a quarterback; we are looking for a quarterback; a driver
- Analyzing and documenting business requirements
- Developing project plans and schedules to meet business objectives. Acting as liaison with various groups and departments
- Working with individuals and group managers to estimate duration for activities and establishing common targets
- Acting as the focal point of contact for project requirements, status, and issue resolution
- Continuously working with the service team to evaluate risks and assess potential impacts on project delivery
- Coordinating the team's Agile practices
- Working with external customers and partners on integration projects
What to bring
- 5+ years of Program or Technical Project Management in a technical engineering environment
- Strong problem-solving skills--creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams
- Working knowledge of HTTP protocol: requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication
- Experience with asynchronous distributed platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Tailors communications to the appropriate audience: wonderfully succinct
- A collaborative working style--work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of mobile messaging, information security, or high availability, a plus
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.