Senior UX Designer
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a passionate Senior UX designer to partner with business leaders, technology leaders, and our product leaders to champion the strategy, design, development, launch, and management of products that delight consumers and meet strategic and financial objectives.
You will be a key driver in taking an idea from experimentation to prototyping and then to implementation to identify and improve our customer experiences. Your work will have a significant impact on the creative direction of our services with a particular focus in creating intuitive, elegant, and simple to use tools for our customers.
What you'll be doing
- You will handle all aspects of user experience for assigned projects, including user interviews, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluations, task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design.
- You will develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development cycle using a variety of methodologies.
- You will lead user-experience activities for interdisciplinary project teams that include product strategists, product owners, and software developers.
- You will successfully communicate project goals, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- You will present design concepts to both internal and external customer audiences.
- You will help the UX team manage change requests, style guides, usability testing, and UX roadmaps.
- You will perform data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings and communicate strategic and tactical design recommendations based on those findings.
What to bring
- 6+ years of related experience in user experience design, interaction design, or similar roles with web and mobile applications.
- Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge of best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, and user experience principles, techniques, and patterns.
- Ability to apply visual design standards based on existing style guidelines.
- Strong time management skills and ability to independently tackle problems, identify solutions, and appropriately advance issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to our offices, primarily London and Guadalajara
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.