Spam Operations Agent
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the Role:
As part of our Global Technical Support organization you will be our SPAM and Smishing expert for our globally distributed platform. This role is part private investigator, part data analyst and part technical support. You will work closely with internal teams to determine the best course of action and implement rules to ensure an efficient customer experience.
What You'll be Doing:
- You'll use your analytical and project management skills to think as a spammer, find bad actors, and shut them down
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools, internal and third-party, to detect patterns, conduct investigations to find the spam and update our system to filter of unwanted words/phrases or their permutations to prevent it from happen in the future
- Analyze text messages reported internally or through our technical support team to determine accurate classification (spam, smishing, legit) and perform the relevant subsequent actions such as adding/adjusting keyword or sender based policies, allow or block the messages,
- Stay up to date with current industry trends and technology as it relates to text messaging fraud
What to Bring:
- Should have good experience of Java REGEX, MySQL and Scripting
- Previous experience working with Carriers
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of SMS related protocols and platforms (SMPP, SMSC, SMSGW)
- Demonstrate strong ethical values, verbal and communication skills
- Being process oriented with organizational skills
- Ability to develop pattern recognition skills
- Ability to write and execute queries in multiple database structure
- Experience in Network Operations/Telecom background or Online Advertising/email spam
You'll be a Great Fit if:
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Occasional travel to other OM offices globally
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.