Technical Support Engineer
About the role:
OpenMarket is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer to help deploy and configure software, scale our fleet, build monitors, help respond to trouble tickets, and write documentation. Our service oriented architecture consists of a growing number of web services that drive our mobile messaging platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services can scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment
What you'll be doing:
- Responding to and triaging technical support enquiries from our customer via
- telephone and email.
- Diagnosing technical problems using a mix of proprietary web-based tools,
- database and log file analysis.
- Raising Technical problems to relevant internal and external parties as
- Regularly updating customer on open support tickets.
- Active handling of internal system alerts, including alarms from monitoring.
- Actively helping to identify ways to improve internal support practices and
- procedures, including recommending any identified improvements to the
- tools used by the support team.
- Reviewing and suggesting updates to customer facing documentation based
- on reported customer issues.
- Helping to build and maintain a library of support documentation for use by
- the global team.
What to bring:
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Practical experience of database, Linux (e.g. shell scripting) and networking (TCP/IP, HTTP and other common internet protocols).
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Passion to develop an in depth understanding of our SMS Products
Nice to have:
- Experience deploying applications to distributed systems
- Experience with databases including MySQL or Oracle
- Experience responding to customer tickets
- Familiarity with monitoring concepts
- Experience reviewing application logs, metrics and alarms
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
The candidate should have a genial, professional manner and should be comfortable with working
with internal cross team.
Demonstration excellent and clear communication skills in both verbal and written and an eye for
detail are essential to this role.
The candidate should be the sort of person who naturally wants to take responsibility and behave in a proactive manner taking initiatives. Task management is important, as a candidate will likely be
handling multiple audits simultaneously and will need to be comfortable with managing such a