Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
You will be working directly with our expert systems, network and cloud engineers, gaining broad technical and operational knowledge across all aspects of our platform and technology stack. Our internship program is the primary way we identify top talent for our Technical Operations teams, paving the path toward earning full-time opportunities at OpenMarket.
We are looking for bright and highly motivated individuals that want to grow their knowledge of systems, networking, cloud technologies and practical DevOps-based software engineering skills.
Flexible 12 week program; Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Paid position with salary and benefits; high conversion rate to full-time position
Join the technical operations team, working with OpenMarket engineers on real projects
Your assigned mentor will help you ramp up quickly, answer questions, and provide direction
Fun and engaging team bonding events throughout your internship
What you'll be doing
- You will partner with the application teams and assist them with automated deployment, architecture, and troubleshooting assistance.
- You will provide day-to-day operational support of a CD infrastructure relied upon by teams deploying software to the cloud
- You will write code to support the deployment of services in our cloud environment
- You will participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Cloud Technology offerings
- You will work directly with developers to deploy cloud services, resolve issues, determine solutions
- You will contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
What to bring
- Proficiency or interest in the Linux operating system
- Practical working knowledge of Python, and/or Bash scripting
- Basic understanding of modern source control tools (such as git)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in a highly visible fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and when it’s time to ask for help.
Nice to have
- Experience with Cloud Technologies
- Experience with HashiCorp Terraform
- Interest in full stack cloud development
- Experience working with GIT
- Experience with centralized configuration management such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that inspires you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Major in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical field
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.