Software Development Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Software Development Engineer
Would you like opportunities to explore new technologies such as Kinesis, DynamoDB, and RedShift in AWS? Are you seeking new challenges in a flexible work environment where you will feel engaged and your contributions valued?
OpenMarket is currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices that drive our platform, and data systems that deliver customer insights. Working on a small, dedicated platform service team, you will ensure your tools and services are able to scale and server other engineer teams while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams oversee the deployment, operation, monitoring, and occasional "last tier" support of the services they own.
What to bring
- Java server-side software design and development
- Experience in data processing
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Test-focused mindset to ensure quality of your code
- Willingness to promote standards and methodologies within your team
- Desire to seek new challenges and grow your career
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
Nice to have
- Experience with RESTful web services and microservices
- Working knowledge of big data in a distributed environment
- Hands-on experience in cloud computing, preferably in AWS
- Experience in working with international teams
- Experience with unit testing, TDD, integration testing, performance testing
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about sharing your perspectives to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.