Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
As a Quality Assurance Engineer joining our data strategy team, you’ll be playing a key role in establishing and integrating a new testing function into the team. You will work closely with developers to ensure that our data platform remains consistent and accurate, as we improve the scalability and availability of our data systems and services.
What to Bring
- Strong communication and teamwork skills that will help you in solving problems and analyzing requirements
- Proven experience in various software and data testing methodologies that will enable you to craft and build automated test environments
- Deep understanding of agile software development methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum)
- Test driven development methodology (TDD or BDD)
Nice to have
- Maven, a few dependency injection frameworks (eg. Guice, Spring)
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (e.g. Jenkins)
- Unit testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, JMock, Hamcrest)
- Testing highly available and scalable SaaS applications
- Relational or NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Druid, Hadoop, HBase)
- Solid academic background
You'll be a great fit if
- Using your experience and expertise to help design and build a data testing methodology to be proud of
- Being part of a small, dynamic and agile team that pushes you to learn the latest technologies and grow as a QA lead engineer
- Working alongside developers to build reliable, highly-performant and available data systems
- Crafting/ Executing automated testing for data and applications based on a Service Oriented Architecture
- Taking part in technical and non-technical conversations to drive business solutions
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.