Vice President of Global Product Management
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Vice President of Global Product Management
As Vice President of Global Product Management, you will drive ongoing consumer research initiatives to understand consumer preferences and develop product strategies to meet these needs and provide innovation, differentiation and a competitive advantage for the OpenMarket suite of products. You will be responsible for partnering with business leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders to champion the strategy, design, development, launch, and management of products that delight consumers and meet strategic and financial business objectives.
What you'll be doing
- Lead the overall management of current OpenMarket products through the full product lifecycle, including the creation and execution of new products and features as well as enhancements, extensions and retirements of existing products
- Drive an operating model that ensures agile product delivery teams have the clarity and support they need to maximize product value and overall return on investment
- Build and evangelize OpenMarket’s short-term and long-term product vision in close partnership with Technology, Marketing, Client Success, Sales, and Operations Support partners and other leaders to ensure successful product strategy, design, delivery, and implementation efforts
- Inspire and challenge the team to achieve more than they think is possible in the long run, ensuring that goals are ambitious yet achievable
- Ensure the team is delivering on targeted financial, strategic, and operational commitments
- Leverage in-depth understanding of our product capabilities and product offerings as well as marketplace trends to inform and help guide our overall product strategy in a rapidly changing digital landscape
- Partner with global functional leaders to create future product roadmaps
- Lead the development of actionable requirements that enable customer informed business outcomes
- Work closely with customers and partners to deeply understand requirements and anticipate market changes
- Provide vision to spot industry shifts and inspire innovation
- Mine data to make smarter product and go-to-market decisions
- Benchmark industry to understand competitive positioning and best practices
- Partner with sales and shared service organizations to develop effective go-to-market strategies and enablement
- Partner with Finance to craft the right pricing and licensing strategies
- Inspire, motivate, and develop a team of top performing product managers and marketing strategists
What to bring
- 15+ years of product management experience
- Proven commercialization experience demonstrating monetary value created from new products
- 10+ years of experience building and leading product management teams that achieve the highest standards of performance
- Demonstrable thought leadership in SaaS, data analysis and mobile technology
- Deep experience creating visionary product strategies while balancing technical realities
- Ability to impact and influence matrix organizations to deliver on aggressive business goals
- Proven ability to conceptualize and evangelize a vision internally and externally
- Strong communication, collaboration, and influence skills; able to manage ambiguity and drive outcomes in complex organizational contexts
- Proven passion/ ability for engaging with customers and landing needs into product development process
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.