Technical Program Manager
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Technical Program Manager
Do you love delivering data projects that improve customer engagement? As an integral member of our data management team, you will coordinate multiple data projects and services in an agile environment throughout the software development lifecycle, from project initiation to post-production support. You are well versed in understanding and analyzing the team's pipeline and performance, applying core project management principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What you will be doing:
- Working with product management for requirements and priorities
- Breaking down requirements to stories and tasks for development
- Managing cross-team projects, communicating project statuses
- Working within a team distributed across multiple regions
- Coordinating the team's agile practices for continuous delivery
- Building, improving and automating release processes
- Analyzing and documenting team metrics
- Assisting team members with the process of refining tasks
- Developing project plans and schedules to meet business objectives
- Acting as the point of contact for project requirements, status, and issue resolution
- Acting as a liaison with multi-functional teams (technology, business and operations) in order to balance conflicting needs and priorities
- Continuously evaluating and communicating risks; mitigating their potential impacts to project delivery
What to bring:
- Three years of experience in Program or Project Management in a technical engineering environment
- One year of experience working on SQL or NoSQL databases
- One year of experience working with agile software development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - an ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
- A background of identifying risks and challenges and implementing response plans for releases
- Ability to handle change in complex environments
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A collaborative working style - you work well in a global team environment
You'll be a great fit...
- You love being a part of a growing, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and develop
- You have a drive for continuous improvement
- You are both creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- ITIL, PRINCE2 or other project management methodology training or certification
- Kanban, Scrum, Lean or other Agile training or certification
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.