Technical Program Manager
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Technical Program Manager
Do you love delivering features that delight customers? Do you like focusing on challenging problems and finding creative solutions? Would you like to help create something that makes a difference? As an integral member of an engineering team, you will lead projects and services in an agile environment throughout the software development lifecycle, from project initiation to post-production support. You are well versed in capturing and analyzing functional requirements, applying core project management principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What you'll be doing
- Working as part of an agile technical team, comprised of software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, and development managers
- Analyzing and documenting business, technical, and functional requirements
- Writing specifications for RESTful APIs and refining them with development teams
- Acting as liaison across the organization, developing agile project plans and schedules to meet business objectives
- Working closely with technical, operational, and business teams, sometimes with competing needs and priorities
- Estimating and establishing common targets across development teams
- Acting as the point of contact for project requirements, status, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Working with your team to evaluate and communicate risks and potential impacts on project delivery
- Driving continuous improvement in program execution
- Coordinating the team's agile practices
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—work well in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience communicating and collaborating with colleagues in remote locations
- Hands-on experience as Program or Project Manager in a technical engineering environment
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies
- Demonstrated hands on experience throughout the software development lifecycle, from project initiation to post-production support
- Ability to identify risks and challenges, and implement response plans
- Experience describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams
- Working knowledge of HTTP protocol: requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication
- Ability to handle change in complex environments
- Ability and desire to go deep into technical details
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.