Senior Network Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Senior Network Engineer
This is a dynamic role with high emphasis on being self-motivated to solve the task at hand. There is no ‘typical day’ in the Operations team as new challenges are presented daily. You will ensure that good decisions are being made and procedures are being followed. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them. When services are interrupted, you will be responsive and restore functionality in a timely and efficient manner.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones on the constantly evolving mission to achieve zero down time of services hosted by Operations. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, automate repetitive work and reduce manual tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Day-to-day operational support of a multi-site geo-redundant data center production environment as well as internal company IT offerings, such as remote access, proxies and software hosted by the operations team
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Global Operations offerings
- Provision and maintain servers, network equipment, storage devices, and other related infrastructure components
- Participate in 24/7 team on-call responsibilities to respond to emergency situations and perform scheduled maintenance
- Occasionally work directly with customers to resolve issues or determine solutions
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
What to bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and deploying networking equipment, including routers, firewalls and load balancers, in a production environment
- Project experience with designing and implementing new solutions in a complex network environment
- Demonstrable experience working with dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Experience with Cisco firewalls, routers, and switches
- Fixing various network issues and packet flows, using tools such as tcpdump and NetFlow
- Configuring and maintaining VPNs such as IPSec and OpenVPN
- Various infrastructure and networking services such as DNS and DHCP
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Netflow, and SNMP
- Experience configuring network devices with central authentication, i.e. RADIUS, TACACS+
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, or Python
- Experience with automation of common network configuration tasks
- Change control processes, security reviews, and maintenance procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Create and maintain technical documentation as well as composing post-incident reviews and root-cause analysis
- Ability to diagnose and remedy serious issues promptly and effectively
- Strong analytical skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and keep track of the various work you're doing with consideration to project deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also be productive in a team setting such as a multi-faceted project
Nice to have
- Experience with Cisco ISE or other NAC solutions
- AWS Networking products such as Amazon VPC, Direct Connect, Elastic Load Balancing or Route 53
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in a datacenter environment, including remote hands requests
- Understanding of Linux iptables firewalls
- Experience with office Wi-Fi
We’d love to hear from you if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brand
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.