Global Messaging Specialist
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
As an SMS Network Specialist you will be working within our geographically distributed team of technical SMS Specialists, providing technical assistance around our global SMS offering. As part of our Global SMS Operations team, you will use your SMS Network expertise to assist some of the largest and most innovative companies in the world.
What you'll be doing
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of our global SMS Products and use that knowledge to provide exceptional technical advice and solutions.
- You will act as a critical issue point for internal teams in relation to Global SMS.
- You will build and maintain technical relationships with mobile networks and partners.
- You will be responsible for delivery quality optimization through constant testing, monitoring and effective escalation and resolution of issues with suppliers, bringing your commercial awareness into play so all decisions are cost-effective.
- You will take an active role in commercial re-negotiations with supplier partners based on customer requirements and current market prices for target services.
- You will handle a variety of cases and projects, including critical issues with OpenMarket’s partners/carriers.
- You will assist with new partner/carrier technical onboarding and end-to-end testing, ensuring the shortest completion time.
- You will work diligently to help identify ways to improve internal practices and procedures as they relate to our global SMS offering.
- You will support solution development efforts that best address customer needs.
- You will find and address documentation gaps.
- You will provide mentorship to Global Support teams.
- You will perform advanced troubleshooting of SMS events.
- You will work with and assist other departments to help achieving global company goals.
What to bring
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience.
- You have excellent analytical skills with ability to translate statistics into insights and actions.
- You bring analytical approach to problem solving.
- You have strong commercial awareness and use it in all day-to-day actions.
- You are able to identify customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, feel comfortable with a collaborative approach to work, with ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- You can confidently and clearly articulate complicated technical issues to internal and external customers with different technical backgrounds.
- You can easily collaborate with other departments as per business needs.
- You have exceptional attention to detail.
- You have inquisitive nature, curiosity, ability to identify and investigate areas of improvement within and outside the team.
- You have expert knowledge and understanding of SQL, Excel and relational databases.
- You have demonstrable networking knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in A2P messaging or Wholesale Telecom Operations.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow with talented colleagues.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.