We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
Writing services that process literally billions of operations every month comes with some pretty interesting challenges. We approach those challenges by keeping teams small and trusting them to get the job done.
We build highly-available services that maintain their performance under pressure, and we do it by combining proven technologies (Linux, Java, MySQL) with shiny new things where we see real value. Teams choose the best tool for the job, meaning there's plenty of opportunity to learn. For example, recent projects in one team have used Kotlin and Python 3 asyncio, while other teams have made different choices (e.g. MongoDB, node.js).
OpenMarket is seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value being empowered to own the work you do? Our development teams own the deployment, operation and monitoring of their services, and work closely with our dedicated customer support teams to make sure our services work in practice, not just in theory.
What to bring
- Java server-side software design and development
- Experience with RESTful web services and microservices
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in a team environment
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Test-focused mindset to ensure quality of your code
- Willingness to promote standards and methodologies within your team
- Desire to seek new challenges and grow your career
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
Nice to have
- Understanding of Maven and Git
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring, Guice)
- Hands-on experience in cloud computing, preferably in AWS
- Familiarity with platform monitoring concepts
- Working knowledge of Docker
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years' experience in software development
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.