Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
As our Financial Account, you will be joining a small, global team. We are looking for a positive, hardworking individual to contribute to the team as a key member. The Financial Accountant will participate in a number of financial functions, including financial operations, requirements and implementation plans for financial systems, internal processes and controls, audits, and month-end close. This role will work closely with the Financial Controller and provide support throughout the entire financial operations process.
What you'll be doing
- You will prepare monthly reports and analysis for the finance team to assist in the financial close and review process
- You will formulate monthly reconciliations of forecasts v. actuals, research any discrepancies and raise them as needed
- You will create and transmit billing invoices for a variety of products to customers
- You will update and maintain accurate records of invoicing and payments for products and services as well as ensuring the charges are valid and line with current agreements.
- You will apply payments to billing records for carriers and research any short payments or non-payments by customers. Escalate to Manager as needed.
- You will partner closely with accounts payable to set up new merchants in the ERP system and ensure accurate information is maintained.
- You will maintain records of supplier activity for audit and tracking purposes.
- You will own accounts receivable and accounts payable aging reports
- You will research miscellaneous projects as necessary
What to bring
- 2- 4 years of accounting support experience required
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or another business-related field
- Advanced Excel skills required (pivot tables)
- Outstanding analytical skills, attention to detail and high customer services focus
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently to meet deadlines, advance issues and communicate project status
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Wireless telecommunications experience a plus
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks while being able to tap into the expertise of others
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.