AP/AR Cash Accountant
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
AP/AR Cash Accountant
As part of the finance team, you will be focusing on global accounts receivable, purchasing and accounts payable. You will be setting up vendors in the AP system for North America. For all 5 of our regions you will be AP troubleshooting, owning cash postings and collections. Additionally, you will work closely with the Financial Controller and provide support throughout the entire financial operations process as needed.
Global Accounts Receivable
- Chasing customer accounts for timely and accurate payments
- Reconciling customer disputes as they pertain to payment of open receivables
- Resolving unapplied payments
- Posting daily cash, processing and reconciling credit card receipts
- Reconciling our collections tool with ERP
- Preparing quarterly bad debt analysis reporting
- Maintaining accounts receivable metrics
- Documenting processes and procedures
Global Purchasing & Accounts Payable
- Ensuring timely set up of new suppliers in the ERP system
- Troubleshooting supplier set up delays
- Managing Marketing budget tracker for annual spend
- Coding invoices for proper financial reporting
- Troubleshooting missing or delayed payments
- Documenting processes for business continuity purposes
- Processing and reconciliation of company Pcard transactions
- Updating vendors/suppliers on payment scheduling
- Maintain knowledge of Amdocs purchasing policies and procedures, flagging any risk areas for OM
What to bring
- 2+ years’ experience working in Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable roles
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or anther business-related field (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of SAP, Salesforce and Microsoft Office tools
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be able to work independently to meet deadlines, escalate issues and communicate project status.
- Wireless telecommunications experience a plus
- High customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment.
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.