Vendor Management Specialist (Contract)
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Vendor Management Specialist
You are a focal point within the Global Operations team, responsible for engaging with vendors and serving as the procurement liaison between OpenMarket and Amdocs for all hardware, software or services consumed by the team. The types of items being purchased are primarily technical, such as servers, network equipment, connectivity and hosting services. Ongoing maintenance of purchased items or agreements is also the responsibility of the Vendor Management Specialist, making sure that the needs for any purchase is being met throughout its life-cycle.
What you'll be doing
- You will engage with various staff and vendors to ensure the procurement process is flowing with efficiency
- You will work with OpenMarket finance and other teams to resolve issues and ensure that services are not interrupted by a lapse in an agreement or payment
- You will contribute to and maintain documentation for OpenMarket procurement processes and procedures
- You will track and reconcile monthly credit card purchases
What to bring
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You have strong communication skills, the ability to make decisions and utilize resources with limited direction from supervisor
- You are able to multitask and keep track of the various work tasks you're doing with consideration to deadlines and SLA's
- You have distinguished customer service skills
- You quickly learn tools, processes, and effectively utilize them for service delivery
- You excel with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- You have demonstrated proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses
Nice to have
- You have proficiency with Google Docs (docs, sheets, slides)
- You have an understanding of general accounting principals
- You have general experience engaging with or supporting an IT organization
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.