👩🏽💻 Senior Full-stack Engineer
San Francisco, California
We're looking for engineers who make phenomenal web applications, from back to front. That might be you if any or all of these apply:
🧬 You are comfortable designing complex data models, APIs, and back-end architectures.
☁️ You have experience building and deploying to cloud infrastructures such as AWS and Google.
🎨 You implement beautiful user interfaces with precision and accuracy, with an unjustifiable obsession for user experience.
⏱ You work fast but not in the expense of quality.
🕵🏾♂️ And you build for easy diagnosability, just in case.
As a Senior Full-stack Engineer, you'll work alongside our engineering team to build the core OpenPhone experience.
Today, almost all businesses and professionals use emails or personal phones as their main methods of communication. While over the last decade, there's been a lot of innovation in the consumer communication space, the same trend has not caught on with business use-cases yet. We are here to change that, and our first step is to offer a supercharged phone app for businesses and professionals.
Join us now and help us shape the future of business communications!
- You've done this before. You've got a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training or work experience.
- You've built a deep understanding of web frameworks, reactive paradigms, and component lifecycles.
- You've honed a detailed knowledge of AWS services, web development and debugging tools, and general deploy systems.
- You've deployed and maintained apps using modern web technologies, especially Node.js, Redux, and PostgreSQL.
- You love getting better at this. You want to always be improving your own work and your team's work.
- 🎨 If you lean toward the front-end, React or similar experience would be ideal.
- ⏱ Our infrastructure is very new and lightweight — we're primarily using Serverless. If you love dev-ops, strong opinions on deploy and scaling infrastructure would be appreciated.
- ☎️ If you've ever worked on a VoIP or SMS platform, or you're comfortable with the WebRTC or SIP, you might be a phenomenal fit.
- 👩🏼🔧 As an early-stage company, our product, marketing, and billing data still live in different sources. We want to improve this, so if you have any experience architecting early data-flow systems, it would be a huge plus.
As a company, OpenPhone launched in July 2018 and graduated YC a month later. We're growing our customer base quickly and organically by focusing on deeply understanding our users and building the best product we can. It's working! So we recently closed our Seed round, found an office, and started devising our roadmap. If you're looking to make a huge impact at early stage with lots of promise, let's get to know one another.
We are also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.