San Francisco, Remote /
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we've taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We're the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it's safe to say we're onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We're high trust with a strong bias for action. If you're looking for a place to do your life's work, get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
At OpenPhone, we're looking for a talented Full-Stack Engineer to join as one of the first members of the Growth team. Your responsibilities will span across our website, product, marketing, and analytics systems. You’ll work closely with the founders and in collaboration with our engineering, design, and customer experience teams to help set up the infrastructure for rapid experimentation.
If you're looking for a challenge and want to make a significant impact at a high-growth startup, this is the right opportunity for you.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Develop key product and growth metrics and ensure observability via dashboards and other relevant tools
- Integrate data from various services to help build a richer picture of user behavior and help us spot areas for improvement
- Improve our ability to measure marketing performance
- Develop landing pages or widgets for our growth experiments
- Design and implement A/B tests to improve conversion, optimize sign-up flow and drive revenue
- You have 3+ years of experience in an Engineering, Growth or Data role, ideally at a high growth company or SaaS business
- You're comfortable with common git workflows and at least one scripting or statistical programming language (ideally Python and/or R)
- You're highly skilled at writing SQL
- You have solid knowledge of analytics tools (Segment, Google Analytics, Amplitude)
- You have good understanding of SEO principles
- You're willing to roll up your sleeves and use whatever language or framework will best help you get the job done
- You have a strong product sense and appreciation for great UX
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We're a distributed team working from around the world - San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Sydney, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.