📱 Lead iOS Engineer
San Francisco, California
We're looking for someone who makes phenomenal iOS applications. That might be you if these apply:
🎨 You implement beautiful designs with precision and accuracy.
🔭 You are comfortable with complex view hierarchies and can take the lead on application architecture.
🚅 You build apps that are efficient, performant, and a joy to use.
🏗 Your work serves as a strong foundation for a lifetime of feature development.
As our first iOS Engineer, you'll work alongside our Android and backend development teams in crafting the OpenPhone experience.
Today, almost all businesses and professionals use emails or personal phones as their main methods of communication. While over the last decade, there's been a lot of innovation in the consumer communication space, the same trend has not caught on with business use-cases yet. We are here to change that, and our first step is to offer a supercharged phone app for businesses and professionals.
Join us now and help us shape the future of business communications!
- You've done this before. You've got a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training or work experience.
- You've built a deep understanding of iOS frameworks, design paradigms, and component lifecycles.
- You have used Reactive Programming paradigms to build responsive and reactive user interfaces (RxSwift).
- You have proven experience developing performant Swift code and the ability to diagnose issues.
- You've honed a detailed knowledge of iOS frameworks, development and debugging tools, and deploy systems.
- You love getting better at this. You want to always be improving your own work and your team's work.
- ☎️ If you've ever worked on a VoIP or SMS platform, or if you have experience building voice apps with WebRTC or SIP, you might be a phenomenal fit.
- 🎨 We love good design. If you're able to put pixels to canvas before touching the code, you'll fit right in!
We're building the business phone of the future. Most entrepreneurs and professionals either use their personal phone numbers for business or a clunky phone system from the 90s. We think there's a better way. Today, OpenPhone is the easiest way to have a supercharged business phone number, in an app on your cell phone.
We're already serving 4,000+ companies around the world and it's very clear that we're building something people want.
We're backed by Y Combinator and some of the best investors in the Bay Area.
If you're looking to make a huge impact at early stage, let's get to know one another.
We are also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.