Sr. Product Manager
San Francisco, Remote /
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we've taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We're the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it's safe to say we're onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We're high trust with a strong bias for action. If you're looking for a place to do your life's work, get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
As our Sr. Product Manager, you'll play a key role in crafting the OpenPhone experience. You’ll work closely with the founders and in collaboration with our engineering, design, and customer experience teams to help create, shape, and ship critical parts of the product.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Tirelessly advocate for our customers
- Create product specs, think through problems and edge cases
- Continuously analyze customer feedback to incorporate it into the product
- Talk to customers to develop a deep understanding of what they need and how we can serve them better
- Ruthlessly prioritize our backlog to make sure we're always working on features that move the needle for our customers and the business
- Whatever it takes to keep your team shipping and successful
- You’ve shipped great products as a Product Manager, Engineer, Designer, or Founder
- You’re a creative product thinker who can combine quantitative thinking with good taste
- You have incredibly strong data analytics skills and can structure complex analyses to answer key product questions
- You are an excellent communicator with great attention to detail
- You love the craft of shipping software and take pride in the outcome
- You are scrappy and enjoy finding creative ways to plow through obstacles
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We're a distributed team working from around the world - San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Sydney, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.