Clinical Data Analyst
Clinical Services /
Ophelia's mission is to reinvent drug & alcohol rehab in America: to replace folklore with science, drug dealers with doctors, and stigma with privacy, convenience, and choice. We’re a diverse collective of hearts and minds - healthcare providers, scientists, technologists, and policy experts - backed by leading venture capital investors to re-imagine and re-build the addiction treatment industry from first principles.
Ophelia makes medical best practices for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) private, convenient, and accessible, using a novel telehealth platform to provide FDA-approved medications, chronic support, and therapy at low cost. We've recently raised a $50 million Series B Investment (Tiger Global, Menlo Ventures, Y Combinator, General Catalyst, and others) to expand nationally and grow our founding leadership team. We're also a certified Great Place to Work.
Join us, save lives, and help fix healthcare for those who need it most.
About the Role
The Clinical Data Analyst will provide core analytical support to our clinical operations and clinical services departments. We are looking for someone with strong technical and analytical skills who can generate reports, dashboards, and insights to answer key business questions from our data. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of databases, SQL, python, R, and core statistical methods.
- Develop robust data analysis and visualization methods for understanding quality of our programs and clinician performance
- Work closely with data engineer and data scientists to develop growth forecasting and hiring models
- Maintain and develop dashboards to report key performance indicators to stakeholders in the clinical operations and clinical services departments
- Use programming and analytical skills to address analytic use cases, applying statistics where appropriate
- Appropriately apply visualization best practices and data storytelling techniques
- Develop documentation and methodologies for analyses and deliverables
- Deliver a clear and concise presentation of findings to business owners and peers, tailoring the presentation to the audience
- Monitor business adoption and utilization of analytic output, and solicit feedback
- Demonstrate problem solving aptitude through critique of analytic methodologies and studies completed by peers and third parties
- Exemplify the characteristics of a lifelong learner, consistently seeking additional training and build knowledge/experience of business acumen, tools, languages and data sources
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, quantitative psychology, statistics, or related field with a strong quantitative background and programming emphasis preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in data or analytics role
- Moderate to complex analytics experience and applied statistical experience required
- Intermediate programming skills (e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Python) required
- Tableau or similar data visualization tool development experience preferred
- Experience with health insurance claims data preferred
- High-level competency with data wrangling
- Experience monitoring and improving quality of data collection and entry
- Ability to work and learn independently set priorities, and supervise others
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Experience in collaborative teamwork and team management in a remote work setting
- Start-up, healthcare, research and/or technology company experience is preferred
Interested in learning more about Ophelia and this role? Apply below!