Care Team Member LPN/LVN (Remote Patient Monitoring) : Oregon license Required
Clinical Services and Operations /
Who we are:
Optimize.Health is leading the charge in how providers deliver remote care. Our next-generation Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) platform enables medical teams to provide safe, effective remote care that improves patient outcomes, lowers patient medical expenses, and generates new revenue streams for healthcare providers of all sizes. As the market leader in physician-led remote patient monitoring, we help patients work together with their most trusted healthcare advocate, their existing physician, to achieve lasting health improvements and catch early warning signs before they escalate. Led by top-tier investors from Silicon Valley and Boston, our Series A funding round is fueling a period of rapid growth that allows us to equip our global team with the resources needed to build the best RPM platform in the market.
About the role:
As a care team member, you love building relationships with patients based on trust, utilizing motivational communication techniques and strategies, to help drive positive health behavior change and improved patient outcomes. This program is focused on positive reinforcement of lifestyle and health behavior changes. This is accomplished through collaborative planning sessions with patients to outline patient-centric goals and the development of associated action plans to improve their health and well-being.
Our ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of remote-patient monitoring (RPM) principles. A unique remote work opportunity, this role provides the chance to serve patients by proactively monitoring, educating, and coaching patients on a plan for better health. Early intervention through RPM, reduces risk for emergent care and/or hospital admission/re-admissions.
Encounters with patients will be performed via a desktop app that allows for remote monitoring of physiological markers like blood pressure/weight and audio-visual telehealth visits. The care team member will perform monitoring as well as synchronous and asynchronous communication with the patient within Optimize Health’s industry-leading platform, balancing exceptional patient care with managing the patient load.
- Significantly impact longitudinal patient engagement in RPM program(s).
- Provide preventive health and disease management education and coaching.
- Schedule and perform regular audio-visual visits with assigned patients.
- Document visit findings in software platform, including goals and actions.
- Lead collaborative care planning sessions with the patients to define health goals.
- Manage patient messaging and alerts.
- Direct patients to treating physician for routine questions.
- Escalate urgent care needs to patient’s physician; direct patient to 911/ER as appropriate for emergency medical assistance needs.
What we are looking for:
- LPN/LVN with unrestricted license in Oregon
- Demonstrated strong clinical background and leadership skills
- Additional WA, CA, OR, Compact license preferred
- Three to five years of clinical experience, patient management, or disease management desired
- Experience working with different provider practices and workflows
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience with Medicare patients
- Experience performing virtual visits with patients and telephonic care management
- Interest in professional leadership growth and development opportunities with a growing organization
- Interest in operating in a new, exciting clinical program and become an integral player in the development of processes and best practices in caring for RPM patients
- Desire and ability to work in a remote work environment within a fast paced culture
- Motivational Interviewing/Health Behavior Change experience a plus
- Health Coach certification a plus
- Spanish fluency desired
- We’re a fast-growing startup where everyone has a voice, and every team member is encouraged to help share our organization’s future.
- We are based in Seattle with a global team.
- We are passionate about our mission to modernize and improve the future of healthcare.
- We foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration and innovation.
- We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting, weekly team meetings, happy hours etc.
- We cover 100% of the employee premium for health, dental and vision.
- We contribute up to $3,000 towards an HSA account for each employee.
- Equity - We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays and Paid Sick Time
- $750 Work-From-Home stipend to make your office perfect for you!
Optimize health was founded in 2015 with a focus on improving patient outcomes. We simplify effective remote care and reduce the administrative and financial hurdles in order to improve patient outcomes, lower hospitalizations and reduce patient expenses.
We believe healthcare technology should be designed for the patient and provider. That’s why we created an elegant Remote Patient Monitoring platform, along with monitoring services, designed to offer the best experience possible for healthcare workers and patients. Created and supported by a world-class technology team and 10+ MD advisors, Optimize Health is a market leader in RPM.
We recognize we are trying to solve a really hard problem and that is why those that join our team are so important. “Optimizers” are the core of our company and we strive to continue to be a best place to work that is equitable, fulfilling where team members feel like they belong.
We embrace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. No matter your background, your orientation or your identity expression, if you are passionate about modernizing and improving the future of healthcare, we want to hear from you!