Seattle, WA /
Healthcare workers are our heroes. Our easy to use COVID-19 screening tools, as well as Remote Patient Monitoring and Patient Engagement platform enable healthcare workers to extend their capacity remotely and safely. At the heart of this platform are our engineers who build the tools and technology-enabled experiences that help healthcare providers to better manage the needs of their patients.
We are looking for a firmware/embedded software engineer to join our product development team. This role will primarily be focused on designing, developing and maintaining embedded firmware for microcontroller-based medical products. We currently have Nordic chipset-based devices, and would be expanding to include NB-IoT based embedded devices to our product line.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, open to jumping on similar embedded projects, possess relevant experience with embedded firmware development and a demonstrated track record of innovation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- In lieu of a formal “degreed” education, an equivalent combination of education and work experience would meet this requirement.
- Experience with firmware development, including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in an embedded environment.
- Programming experience in C/C++.
- Experience writing firmware for low-power consumer devices, especially cellular product development, is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in testing embedded hardware, including building test tools as necessary.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Solid experience working with real-time operating systems.
- Solid experience working with real-time signal processing and hardware.
- Solid experience working with various communications and networking protocols, especially Bluetooth LE.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to contribute to multiple concurrent projects.
- Eagerness to learn other parts of the codebase and contribute to other parts of the product.
- Working in a startup environment.
- Working with Nordic Semiconductor or related chipset.
- Working with NB-IoT standard.