Senior DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer
Healthcare workers are our heroes. Our easy to use COVID-19 screening tools, as well as Remote Patient Monitoring and Patient Engagement platform enable healthcare workers to extend their capacity remotely and safely. At the heart of this platform are our engineers who build the tools and technology-enabled experiences that help healthcare providers to better manage the needs of their patients.
Do you want to join in the fight against COVID-19? We are seeking an experienced and talented DevOps & Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our team, someone who is looking for a new challenge at a fast-growing, digital health startup. This is a unique opportunity to bring your creative thinking that increases our organization's ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity, evolving and improving products at a faster pace than organizations using traditional software development and infrastructure management processes.
Successful applicants will have a passion for problem-solving, teamwork, and delivering excellent results. This role requires strategic, integrated thinking along with technical experience working with a variety of technologies and tools that create a seamless environment for continuous integration, continuous deployment, continuous testing and continuous monitoring. You must have experience working on an agile software team that has developed and shipped software to users.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- In lieu of a formal “degreed” education, an equivalent combination of experience would meet this requirement
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience, with a focus on building and maintaining scalable and secure cloud infrastructure
- Preference given for a portfolio of past work
Must have Skills
- Experience using AWS Cloud Services required
- A strong desire to learn, teach, document and practice new skills is a must.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, OpenVPN etc.).
- Strong experience with logging and reporting systems (Splunk, Datadog, New Relic, etc).
- You have several years of experience developing CI / CD pipelines for building and deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Work with Agile teams to design microservices hosted via Docker containers (on ECS) or Serverless (AWS Lambda)
- You get excited by creating automated cloud monitoring, alerting, and recovery tools
- Technical Stack: S3/CloudFront, GraphQL, Docker, Elastic Container Service, Serverless (Lambda), Elastic Beanstalk, Jenkins/CircleCI, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, Terraform, Microservices
Bonus Points For
- Comfortable with database administration (MongoDB)
- Prior experience as a developer extremely helpful.
- AWS Certifications helpful
• You are a lifelong learner, stay current with industry trends, and discover new ways for our business to improve
• You should be able to adapt quickly to meet the needs of our growing business environment.
• You’ve been challenged in the past and proven that you’re capable of quite a lot.
Up For A Challenge
• You think a working proof of concept is the best way to make a point.
• You strive on proving that speed and quality have absolutely no conflicts
• You get excited by creating automated cloud monitoring, alerting, and recovery tools
Strong Technical Chops and Passion for Your Work
• Staying on top of the latest security trends is your passion.
• You enjoy writing code and would spend a good amount of your time doing so, even if you didn’t have to in order to make a living.
• We work hard and when celebration is due, we play hard, too!
• We are team players while also being comfortable taking initiative and speaking up if you see a better way to solve a problem.
• Nothing is holding you back at optimize.health. If you can execute on a better idea then you’ll be encouraged to do so.
• Working on a small (<20 person team) is appealing to you, as is the idea of growing that team to eventually become much larger.
• Generous stock options.
Focused On Delighting The User
• At optimize.health, we wear various hats, but one common quality we all possess is an eye for good design.
• You are customer obsessed and derive job satisfaction from increasing productivity of your fellow developers and agile teams