Senior Content Marketing Manager
Our team at optimize.health is on a mission to modernize and improve the future of healthcare, one step at a time. As the market leader in clinic-led remote patient monitoring, we help patients stay healthy by connecting them to cutting edge, technology-enabled remote care programs and health coaches that are run through their most trusted healthcare advocate--their existing physician. At the same time, we help innovative small businesses (clinics and pharmacies) thrive and expand, even during difficult times. The company has been growing very rapidly and recently closed a Series A funding round led by top tier investors from Silicon Valley and Boston.
We are looking for an experienced content marketing lead to join our team as our first full-time content marketing manager. Within this position, you will be responsible for building and executing our content marketing framework through three primary channels: blog, email, and longform content. While you’ll do a lot of writing yourself, you’ll also source and manage contributions from internal and external subject matter experts to help grow our positioning in the remote care industry. With help from the team, you’ll analyze the impact of our content marketing efforts and be responsible for improving performance over time. As the only full-time writer on our marketing team, you’ll also be asked to roll up your sleeves to assist in creating other marketing and sales materials and helping to improve our product messaging and positioning.
- Own the end-to-end editorial process and calendar for our blog and email marketing channels—from content planning and strategy to writing, ghostwriting, and soliciting content to reviews, publishing, and promotion, and everything in-between
- Create longform content (gated and ungated) aligned with monthly and quarterly marketing campaigns
- Write, review, and edit copy for the various channels used to promote your content (landing pages, social, SEM, display, sales enablement, etc.)
- Own the results of your content marketing efforts—responsible for increasing organic, direct, and referral traffic generated through content marketing channels and down-funnel performance of that traffic
- Partner with external PR resources, client success, and our Director of Demand Generation to source and publish content contributions from industry SMEs and clients, as well as to coordinate our own contributions to external publications
- Collaborate with product management, sales, client success, and partners to distill key value propositions, talking points, customer communication pieces, and benefits into effective top-and-bottom-of-the funnel content
- Support the creation of other sales and marketing assets, like messaging documents, sales collateral, and product marketing materials
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of optimize.health content through rigorous quality control, proofing, and fact checking
- Be an expert on your buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria—build upon personas, understand segmentations, and know the industry and competitive landscapes.
- Interview clients, prospects, and partners from time-to-time to help ensure you’re creating content that meets the needs of our audience
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience owning both content strategy and execution in a B2B environment (strong preference for SaaS or healthcare background)
- Writing portfolio that represents a deep understanding of how to balance SEO with human-first writing and showcases a broad spectrum of execution (blogs, website, email, longform, sales collateral, etc.)
- Demonstrated success growing traffic, leads, and revenue through content marketing
- Hands on experience managing editorial calendars, blogs, email marketing, and social channels
- Potential to grow into an internal subject matter expert on remote care—eventually, we want other team members to be able to come to you with questions about the field
- Ability to refine and elevate our brand voice and messaging—while your priority will be content marketing channels, as our team’s only dedicated full-time writer, you’ll be critical to elevating our messaging across the board
- Ability to present and explain content ideas and concepts to our leadership team with confidence
- Significant experience providing creative direction to and collaborating with design on content and campaigns—comfortable putting together rough design concepts, outlines, and wireframes when needed
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality—comfortable being the final set of eyes before something ships
- Ability to self-manage, lead, and direct projects with a strong track record of cross-department collaboration (marketing, sales, product, leadership)
- Proficiency at scoping content projects and setting appropriate expectations up front on time and resources
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback; address stressful situations with poise, understanding, and tact
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Journalism, Marketing, English Writing, or Communications
- Previous experience writing for a high growth company that serves multiple verticals across SMB, mid-market, and enterprise audiences
- Experience managing or contributing to “new” media formats (podcasts, webinars, community management, etc.)
Culture and Benefits
- We’re a fast growing, scrappy start-up, we move quickly and we’re resourceful!
- We are passionate about our mission to modernize and improve the future of healthcare.
- We cover 100% of the employee premium.
- We contribute up to $3,000 toward an HSA for each employee.
- We are based in Seattle with a Global remote team.
We embrace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. No matter your background, your orientation or your identity expression, if you are passionate about modernizing and improving the future of healthcare, we want to hear from you!