Senior Software Engineer - Front End Web Development
Seattle, WA /
Healthcare workers are our heroes. Our easy to use COVID-19 screening tools, as well as Remote Patient Monitoring and Patient Engagement platform enable healthcare workers to extend their capacity remotely and safely. At the heart of this platform are our engineers who build the tools and technology-enabled experiences that help healthcare providers to better manage the needs of their patients.
Do you want to join in the fight against COVID-19? We're hiring experienced software engineers who are looking for new challenges at a fast-growing, digital health startup. You’ll have a direct impact on the optimize.health platform and will be quickly given ownership of a large part of our codebase. Your work will be critical in maintaining and developing new web services within our HIPAA-compliant platform. You'll be focused on building user-facing web applications and helping to manage 3rd party healthcare integrations.
You must have experience working on an agile software team that has developed and shipped software to users. You must also have experience writing test cases, reviewing code, managing releases, tracking bugs, and maintaining production deployments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- In lieu of a formal “degreed” education, an equivalent combination of experience would meet this requirement
- At least 3 years of work building scalable web applications
- 3 years of professional software development experience, with a focus on front end development.
- Preference given for a great demo or portfolio of past work
Must have Skills
- Excellent skills in front end JS/CSS web frameworks - ReactJs, AngularJS and Bootstrap, including responsive design principles.
- Excellent HTML/CSS skills.
Bonus Points For
- Sharing your GitHub account or other public code repository
- Advanced knowledge of CSS (as well as CSS preprocessing)
- Advanced knowledge of Browser Developer Tools
- Experience with: Web performance, EHR integrations (e.g. EPIC, Cerner, etc), NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, AWS cloud infrastructure, Network infrastructure (DNS, Security, Subnets, etc.), Continuous integration platforms (e.g. CircleCI), Network security tools
• We are looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies, and are fearless when it comes to delving out of their comfort zones.
• You’ve been challenged in the past and proven that you’re capable of quite a lot.
Up For A Challenge
• You may work on APIs today, web frontend tomorrow, but you are also open to getting your hands wet on Android or iOS development next week if that’s what’s required in order to deliver the best results to the user.
• You are OK taking on new challenges that can be solved by 0s or 1s. You’re excited about building an amazing product more than almost anything else.
• You think a working proof of concept is the best way to make a point.
• You strive on proving that speed and quality have absolutely no conflicts
Strong Technical Chops and Passion for Your Work
• Staying on top of the latest software architectural trends is your passion.
• You enjoy writing code and would spend a good amount of your time doing so, even if you didn’t have to in order to make a living.
• We work hard and when celebration is due, we play hard, too!
• We are team players while also being comfortable taking initiative and speaking up if you see a better way to solve a problem.
• Nothing is holding you back at optimize.health. If you can execute on a better idea then you’ll be encouraged to do so.
• Working on a small (<20 person team) is appealing to you, as is the idea of growing that team to eventually become much larger.
• Generous stock options.
Focused On Delighting The User
• At optimize.health, we wear various hats, but one common quality we all possess is an eye for good design.
• Whatever we work on, we bring an attention to detail with the end goal of producing customer delight.