Platform Engineer | Software Engineer III
Who we are:
At Optimize Health, we believe that it's time to rethink brick-and-mortar-only healthcare visits. With our powerful combination of the leading platform technology, patient-friendly devices, and trusted support, we are pioneering how medical groups use technology and real-time data to treat patients' health outside the practice walls. As the most trusted and experienced remote care vendor in the industry, we simplify the complexities of delivering effective, high-quality remote patient monitoring and optimize our clients’ clinical and financial performance.
We are seeking Platform Engineers to help us integrate more partners’ systems with ours, introducing new data to store and exchange, while ensuring the system can continue scaling well with our ever-growing population of users. Today Optimize Health offers a platform for remote care of patients, collecting readings from devices and assisting clinicians in analyzing and acting upon that data, watching over their patients to keep them healthy and happy. Within the medical field, information management still takes place across archipelagos of segregated systems, relying on human toil—and its attendant drudgery and fallibility—to ferry between them. Optimize Health aims to bridge these divides, making it easier and safer for clinicians to offer more integrated care options to their patients—with a service that continues to feel fast and reliable. You can make that happen.
Though we have a few offices in which our clinicians work, our engineers work remotely, spread across the hemispheres but mostly grouped near the Eastern Time Zone. We do travel occasionally to get together in person, if you’re into it.
Our Tech Stack
- Amazon DynamoDB
- AWS Lambda
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Communications: Twilio
- Identity & Authentication: Auth0
- Monitoring & Observability: Datadog
- GitHub Actions
- Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS)
We have a software system organized along a few well-trod paths, with the “platform” or backend involving the following:
We use a few vendors for important capabilities:
For building and deploying, the following are also pertinent:
You don’t need to be an expert in all of these. Being confident with the first few is most helpful, but more important is you being interested in the menu as an opportunity to learn. This is what we’re using today, and any of it could change. If you’re willing to learn and recognize that as your primary responsibility, we’d love to have you.
Your work week will involve:
- Consulting with product designers, customer success advocates, and your fellow engineers to decide what to build next.
- Writing code to extend and improve the product, refining your work through your colleagues’ review.
- Reviewing and writing your own design documents for the bigger things. Writing to inform or convince your audience is useful, but writing as a means of annealing your thoughts for yourself is even better.
- Responding to the occasional cry of distress from the system, and tuning the monitoring criteria to adapt to new facts and suspicions.
- Observing people using our product, understanding their needs and difficulties, and proposing improvements to close those gaps.
- Following and contributing to open-source software projects.
- Bumping into things you’ve never heard of and problems you’ve never seen, summoning your courage, and pushing forward with confidence.
We are looking for people who:
- Care deeply about the quality of their work and want to be proud of what they’ve built.
- Discover, create, complain, and celebrate out loud, staying in close touch with their coworkers despite the distance.
- Can survey the spectrum of solutions from the inadequate to the ideal, choosing what’s appropriate today, mindful of what can come later.
- Treat the edges of their knowledge as incidental and malleable, being eager to study something unfamiliar as soon the need arises.
Optimize Health was founded in 2015 with a focus on improving patient outcomes. We simplify effective remote care and reduce the administrative and financial hurdles in order to improve patient outcomes, lower hospitalizations, and reduce patient expenses.
We believe healthcare technology should be designed for the patient and provider. That’s why we created an elegant remote care platform, along with monitoring services, designed to offer the best experience possible for healthcare workers and patients. Created and supported by a world-class technology team, Optimize Health is a market leader in remote care.
We recognize we are trying to solve a really hard problem and that is why those that join our team are so important. “Optimizers” are the core of our company and we strive to continue to be a best place to work that is equitable, fulfilling where team members feel like they belong.
We embrace diversity and are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. No matter your background, your orientation, or your identity expression, if you are passionate about modernizing and improving the future of healthcare, we want to hear from you!