Senior Product Designer
Seattle, WA /
Product / Design /
Healthcare workers are our heroes. Our Remote Patient Monitoring and Patient Engagement platform as well as our easy to use COVID-19 screening tools enable healthcare workers to extend their capacity remotely and safely. At the heart of this platform is our product team that works on the tools and technology-enabled experiences that help healthcare providers to better manage the needs of their patients. As our company grows rapidly, we are currently looking to fill the role of Senior Product Designer with one truly stellar individual who can help keep our company running smoothly.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Product Designer professional to join as an early and instrumental member of our product design team. You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products. As the first in-house designer, you will have a major impact by owning our aesthetic and driving the visual direction of the company. Initially you may be asked to wear multiple hats and to lead our design process across both user research and visual design; over time this may be narrowed to a more specific domain, or there may be the opportunity to be a lead designer. This is your opportunity to play a critical role in the success of a health-tech startup by bringing order and positivity to a rapidly growing start-up.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead the design of feature development, and contribute to product definition through the delivery of High-fidelity mockups.
- Align with the product management and engineering team to understand needs and work with UX to convert them into concrete screen flows and visual designs.
- Understand the product domain, product platform, and UI framework to deliver designs.
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define new features based on the marketplace and user need/feedback.
- Help identify and build external and internal facing products.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Work with team members to communicate a direction and point of view.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- Understand and pay attention to current design trends.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 or more years of Visual Design / Product Design / Graphic Design experience
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in Design or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Understanding of how to make complex products intuitive, straightforward, and beautiful.
- You take pride in your craft, knowing that your professional work reflects your inner discipline and commitment to excellence.
- Experience managing the visual brand identity for a complex technology solution.
- Experience launching and maintaining a great technology website.
- Clean, clear and interactive aesthetics optimized around modern design standards for technology products.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of formal design elements including color, typography, and layout.
- Ability to take technical/complex concepts and explain them artfully using design.
- Interest in taking a leadership role, while also rolling up sleeves and doing the design.
- Experience working with Illustrator / Photoshop / InDesign / Sketch / InVision.
- Ability to create visually-amazing sales & marketing materials.
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude.
- Excellent time-management skills.