Engineering - Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District but the Deployment Site is located in South Weymouth, MA. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
We are looking for DevOps engineers to help build the systems and infrastructure to support our vehicles and software. DevOps engineers build the foundational systems upon which all of our software operates.
Responsibilities include building, managing, and monitoring our systems as well as supporting development and production teams.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need our engineers to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers who cumulatively have decades of experience in computer vision, machine learning, sensing and actuation, human-machine interface, and design. You will be creating new technologies through software development that integrates your areas of expertise to enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
- Develop software and systems for fleets of self-driving cars
- Develop and maintain the build, deployment and test pipelines
- Deploy and maintain backend systems and infrastructure
- Deploy and maintain big data systems
- Design and implement security best-practices
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to find elegant solutions to hairy problem
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Deep expertise with Linux administration, system administration, and network administration
- Proficient in shell scripting and Python
- Experience with infrastructure and software development tools like Git, Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience with C++ software build and packaging on Linux (e.g., CMake, deb/rpm packaging)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interest in self-driving vehicles
- Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
- Experience with build and release automation for web applications
- Experience implementing data storage and processing systems (e.g., AWS, Hadoop, SQL)
- Experience with UI development, embedded systems, and/or cross-compilation toolchains
- Performance analysis and optimization
(We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.)
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.