Director of Finance
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
You will be responsible for managing the finance department for Optimus Ride in an ethical and thoughtful manner. You will drive the strategy and methods for implementing systems and processes that maximize the return of Optimus Ride’s financial assets. You will be responsible for establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Furthermore, you will ensure legal and regulatory compliance with all accounting and financial reporting. On the day-to-day operations, you will contribute by overseeing costs and general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, and risk management.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reportsAdvise management of companies financial health, actions and potential risks
- Arranges for audits as required and appropriate
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively
- Master’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a small - or medium- size company
- Excel modeling and SQL database expertise
- Proven abilities to extract insights from financial data
- Finance experience in related transportation fields
- Excellent written and communication skills
- We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job:
- Additional degrees in a business, financial or related field
- Vendor negotiation experience/expertise
- Technology start-up experience
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.