Software Engineer - Robotics and Control
Engineering - Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District but the Deployment Site is located in South Weymouth, MA. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
Optimus Ride software engineers create the software at the heart of our vehicles and systems. Our software needs to process complex dataflows and make decisions with real world consequences. We are looking for engineers who bring deep expertise in enabling vehicles and robots to move through and interact with the world around them.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need our engineers to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Your peers will cumulatively have decades of experience from places like Google X, SpaceX, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, and Draper Laboratories, and have built self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more. You will be creating new technologies through software development that integrates your areas of expertise to enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
- Build software for a fleet of self-driving vehicles
- Develop planning, control, and estimation algorithms for the vehicles
- Design and build embedded systems for real-time control of the vehicles
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- MS or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Deep expertise in planning algorithms and control theory
- Experience with estimation and filtering
- Excellent software development skills using C++
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
- Significant experience writing production quality code
- Real-time software and multithreaded systems
- GPS and inertial systems
- Embedded systems software
- Real-time computer vision
- Computer graphics programming
Domain expertise with one or more of the following
(We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.)
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.