Vehicle Software Operator
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving technology company working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. We aim to transform cities and lead the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride is based in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
This role is for a short-term contractor with the possibility for extension.
- Monitoring all systems in the vehicle during testing on public and private roads
- Conducting tests with self-driving vehicles in pilot locations with mentorship from the engineering team
- Safely operating vehicle and following testing plan provided by test engineers
- Providing detailed feedback to the engineering team on test results and vehicle performance
- Comfort with computers and running/operating software from a laptop in a moving vehicle
- Must be at least 21 years old with an active and valid driver’s license for at least one year
- Good safety record on driver’s license
- You are ineligible if you have the following: a DUI or other drug-related violation in the last seven years, a major moving violation (e.g., reckless driving, driving with suspended license), more than three moving violations in the past three years (e.g., accidents, traffic light violations), and any driving-related convictions in the last seven years (e.g., hit-and-run, felonies involving a vehicle)
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to travel to pilot location
- Ability to test vehicles for extended hours
- Familiarity with Linux
- Proficient in communicating with test engineers and managers
- Previous professional driving experience (e.g. driving for rental agency, limousines, chauffeur, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.