About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
Optimus Ride is seeking electrical engineers to design, integrate, and maintain electrical systems for our autonomous vehicle fleet. You will work with peers who cumulatively have decades of experience from places like Google X, SpaceX, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, Draper Laboratories, Zipcar, and have built self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need our engineers to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers who cumulatively have decades of experience in computer vision, machine learning, sensing and actuation, human-machine interface, and design. You will be creating new technologies that integrate your areas of expertise to enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
- Creation, maintenance, and documentation of electrical systems for vehicle
- Debugging of vehicle electrical issues
- Exploration of new vehicle sensors
- Integration of sensors into vehicle electrical system
- Design and documentation for electrical systems
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Relevant experience in systems engineering or electrical engineering
- Experience integrating mechanical and electrical components
- PCB design and fabrication experience
- Firmware development experience
- Experience working with CAN protocol
- Experience with electric vehicles
- Experience with power electronics
We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these "Bonus" qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.