Engineering - Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving technology company working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. We aim to transform cities and lead the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride is based in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
We are seeking talented and ambitious test engineers to help test and validate the complex systems that our teams create. You will develop and implement testing procedures and work closely with engineers across many disciplines to ensure the safety and performance of our self-driving vehicles.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures with guidance from the systems engineering team
- Document test methods, procedures, and results
- Execute tests on autonomous vehicles or on benchtop setups
- Analyze datasets to validate safety, robustness, and performance metrics
- Develop analysis tools and automated reporting systems
- BS in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Attention to detail and skills in isolating and tracking issues systematically
- Experience writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Experience and familiarity with Linux
- Prior experience with Python or other programming languages
- Valid US driver’s license for at least one year
- Prior knowledge of modern automotive electronics and testing systems
- Practical experience with methods such as FMEA, HARA, and root cause analysis
(We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.)
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.