Engineering - Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
Optimus Ride is seeking for engineering technicians to help scale our fleet of autonomous vehicles. You will work with peers who cumulatively have decades of experience from places like Google X, SpaceX, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, Draper Laboratories, Zipcar, and have built self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more. Optimus is a young company, and we are looking for a candidate who can grow with the company into an engineering role.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need our employees to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers with expertise in computer vision, machine learning, sensing and actuation, human-machine interface, and design. You will be creating new technologies that integrate your areas of expertise to enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
- Install, verify, and maintain electromechanical systems into vehicles
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Maintain and improve assembly documentation
- Design and build fixtures for improved ease of assembly
- Comfortable using handtools and power tools (e.g., screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, saws)
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical systems
- Able to lift and transfer a 40lb object
- Comfortable working in, around, and under a car
- Able to complete a visual assessment of the vehicle and/or parts
- Machining experience with any of the following: mill, lathe, waterjet, CNC mill/lathe/router
- CAD design experience
- Experience building wire harnesses
- Experience working with vehicles
We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have the above "Bonus" qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.