(0) Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers with advanced knowledge in computer vision, machine learning, sensing and actuation, human-machine interface, and design. Optimus Ride mechanical engineers design and build the hardware powering our vehicles and systems. Our vehicles need to be functional, reliable, safe, and look sharp. We are looking for mechanical engineers who are excited to shape the next generation of self-driving vehicles. You will work with and learn from peers who cumulatively have decades of experience from places like Google X, SpaceX, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, Draper Laboratories, Zipcar, and more.
- Design, build, and maintain hardware for fleets of self-driving vehicles
- Coordinate closely with our software, electrical, product, and system integration teams to develop holistic designs that meet established functional requirements
- Develop and execute plans for complex engineering projects on short timescales
- Ensure product safety and reliability during all phases of development
- Participate in our team’s hardware development processes, including requirements reviews, design reviews, documentation, testing, and revision control practices
- BS/MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience in mechanical design and design for manufacturing
- Comfortable in the machine shop with an ability to gauge when outsourcing is a better option
- Experience on complex, multidisciplinary projects with a knack for organization and ability to prioritize effectively
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Hands-on experience on electric vehicle propulsion system
- Experience in electro-mechanical integration and embedded systems
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.