Optimus Ride mechanical engineers design and build the hardware powering our vehicles and systems. Our vehicles need to be functional, reliable, safe, and look sharp. We are looking for skilled mechanical engineers who are excited to shape the next generation of self-driving vehicles. You will work with peers who cumulatively have decades of experience from places like Google X, SpaceX, iRobot, Rethink Robotics, Draper Laboratories, Zipcar, and have built self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, and more.
Our team is focused on the fastest path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need our engineers to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers at the top of their fields in computer vision, machine learning, sensing and actuation, human-machine interface, and design.
Centrally located in the Boston Seaport District, you will also work in a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment. This role will challenge the boundaries of your creativity and problem-solving ability, but it will be amply rewarding as the technologies you build will be deployed in real-world environments. If you want to tackle ‘super wicked’ problems and make tangible impact, then apply to join our team
- Design, build, and maintain hardware for fleets of self-driving vehicles
- Coordinate closely with our software, electrical, product, and system integration teams to develop holistic designs that meet established functional requirements
- Develop and execute plans for complex engineering projects on short timescales
- Ensure product safety and reliability during all phases of development
- Participate in our team’s hardware development processes, including requirements reviews, design reviews, documentation, testing, and revision control practices
- BS/MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Significant professional experience in mechanical design, digital fabrication, design for manufacturing, and hands-on experience on electric vehicle propulsion systems
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Significant experience in electro-mechanical integration and embedded systems