Software Engineer - Intern
(0) Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
- Build software for a self-driving vehicle
- Develop planning, control, and estimation algorithms for the vehicles
- Develop perception algorithms to enable the vehicle to accurately perceive and react to its surrounding environment
- Develop and maintain software and systems, both on- and off-vehicle
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, robotics or a related field
- Excellent software development skills using C++
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interest in self-driving vehicles
- Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software / hardware systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: GPU programming, state estimation & filtering, real-time systems, planning & control, mapping & localization, machine learning, object detection and tracking, computer vision, point cloud processing
- Experience working with cameras, LIDAR, and sensor fusion
- Experience with machine learning toolkits such as Caffe or TensorFlow
(We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.)
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.