Manufacturing Engineer - Intern
(0) Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
- Install electromechanical systems into vehicles
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Communicate with suppliers for purchase of OEM and custom parts
- Maintain and improve assembly documentation
- Design and build fixtures for improved ease of assembly
- Currently pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering or a related field
- Comfortable using handtools and power tools (e.g., screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, saws)
- CAD design experience
- Machining experience with any of the following: mill, lathe, waterjet, CNC mill/lathe/router
- Experience building wire harnessesExperience working with vehicles
(We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job)
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.