System Integration and Test Engineer
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
We are seeking talented and ambitious system integration and test engineers to help integrate, test, and validate the complex systems that our teams create. You will design, develop, and implement testing plans and procedures, and work closely with engineers across many disciplines to create our self-driving vehicles. The ideal candidate has worked on safety-critical vehicle engineering projects and is well-versed in safety management life cycle for complex software and hardware systems.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures for testing self-driving vehicles
- Collaborate with software development team on functional safety for a fail-operational autonomous driving system
- Document test methods, procedures, and results
- Develop self-driving testing pipelines to scale testing efforts
- Assist in developing testing culture
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer
- Defining test and validation plans for autonomous driving systems
- Practical experience with methods such as FMEA, HARA, and root cause analysis
- Based in MA with extensive travel to test locations (up to 80% travel)
- Passionate about self-driving technologies
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
- Deep knowledge of testing methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Experience with ISO26262
- Experience with C/C++ software development
- Experience and familiarity with Linux
(We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.)
Benefits and Perks
At Optimus Ride, we understand that everyone has a unique situation outside of work. We strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, including flexible work, family leave, and paid time off policies.