Engineering - Product Development
About Optimus Ride
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District but the Deployment Site is located in South Weymouth, MA. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.
Optimus Ride vehicles and systems generate large volumes of rich, complex data that are used both on- and off-vehicle to make decisions with real world consequences. We are looking for data engineers who are excited by the challenge of implementing and orchestrating complex dataflows to power self-driving vehicles.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need our engineers to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers who cumulatively have decades of experience in software development, computer vision, machine learning, sensing and actuation, human-machine interface, and design. You will be creating new technologies through software development that integrates your areas of expertise to enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
- Build software for self-driving vehicles
- Design, implement, and drive large data storage and data processing projects
- Test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- Participate in our team’s software development processes, including documentation, automated testing, and source control practices
- BS in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent experience with Java/JVM or C++
- Experience building large data infrastructure systems such as Hadoop, AWS/S3, Spark, etc
- Experience with relational databases
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn additional skills and technologies as required
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience with Python for data processing and analysis
- Experience with continuous build and deployment
- Experience with data and network security
(We are open to reviewing resumes of candidates who may not have these qualities yet, but demonstrate the potential to learn them on the job.)
Benefits and Working Environment
At Optimus Ride, we strive to support our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a world class working environment that is centered around the team. We nurture creativity and provide expansive opportunities for growth and development.